- Will manage and perform standard maintenance, monitoring, and tuning of numerous Oracle production database instance. Has worked with Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c.
- Support existing databases while assuring optimized performance, stability and uptime.
- Deliver projects tied to databases.
- Tune and trouble-shoot Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c database issues.
- Assess databases to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Set up Backup and Recovery policies and jobs.
- Use appropriate tuning methodology and tools to triage and resolve database performance issues.
- Support 11g/12c installations.
- Support 10g/12c upgrades.
- Strong Unix skills required, preferably Solaris and Linux flavors. Proven experience with command-line database tools (SQL*Plus, PL/SQL) and UNIX (Perl, Shell) required.
- Provide reliable technical support and guidance on CORP issues in a high velocity and dynamic environment.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management.
- Work closely with various Infrastructure and Support teams across global.
- Present DDL/DML changes successfully to high concurrency databases while preserving uptime and efficiency.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with administering and supporting databases on 11g on Solaris Platform.
- Strong knowledge of database performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures.
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL .
- Strong knowledge of Unix Shell and Perl languages. Working experience on Solaris and Linux is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Oracle installation, patching, Oracle troubleshooting and communication with oracle support.
- Experience with oracle Standby databases/Data Guard.
- Experience with OLTP and Batch processing database setup.
- Expert knowledge of data replication strategies and their effect on uptime, network and other infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Golden Gate Replication is a plus.
- Knowledge of MySQL is a plus.
Please send your resume to email@example.com